The Adventures of the Wixom Vixen

A woman of mystery. A woman with big boobies. A woman who likes cheese sticks.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Working the Crowd

I started my Pre-Student Teaching orientation this week and this morning I was told that I am a Teacher In Training. Or a TIT, if you prefer. The director of the Teacher Education department is very concerned with our behavior and conduct now that we're entering school districts and representing Wayne State. She keeps giving us these guidelines for appropriate conduct, behavior, dress, etc. Then she tells us stories about previous students who did not follow the guidelines and are no longer in the program. But her stories are very vague and cryptic where she never actually says what the person did but she assures us that it was bad and it was against her precious guidelines. They were bad TITs.

I also got to see some speaker/zealot-type guy when I was walking across campus. He had an easel set up with a simple drawing of a blue sky with a sun and then some symbols on the sides and he was standing in front of it talking. He had three pieces of rope of varying lengths. I stopped cause I was hoping that he would do a magic trick. I love magic tricks. And I'm not one of those people who wants to know how it's done. I prefer to be blissfully ignorant and marvel at the amazing magic being performed. Anywho, I kept waiting for the magic trick but he just kept talking about sinners and comparing different types of sinners to the different ropes. He talked about how all the ropes will burn in hell, blah, blah, fire and damnation, blah, blah, blah. I was tempted to raise my hand and ask when he was going to perform the magic trick but my stomach started growling and I decided I didn't have to time to wait till the end of the sinner lecture. But now I'm really in the mood to see some magic. I can't believe that guy would get everyone's hopes up for nothing. Now that's a sin.

2 Comments:

  • At 9/07/2005 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9/07/2005 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home