The Adventures of the Wixom Vixen

A woman of mystery. A woman with big boobies. A woman who likes cheese sticks.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Who took my Geritol?

I keep coming across these signs that I'm becoming a mature and responsible adult. The other day I was at a clothing store that is frequented by a lot of teens. I was looking for a cute party shirt and I found this one that I really liked. It was black and had pink ribbons. One of the ribbons was all frayed at the bottom and at first I was really annoyed that the shirt was damaged and that was the only one in my size. Then I started to wonder, "Is that how it's supposed to be? Is this the hip new fashion that the kids are wearing these days?" And then I realized that I had just uttered words comparable to what my mother might say and I nearly dropped the shirt.

I'm getting old! *sob* And I'm becoming my mother! *extreme sobbing*

6 Comments:

  • At 8/24/2005 10:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I was going to say something, but I just completely blanked here. Maybe I need that St. John's Wort or Echincea or Echinda or Enchilada or whatever it is. You're not old yet. Unless someone has called you "ma'am". That's old.

     
  • At 8/24/2005 6:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Mike made me blank on what I was going to say . . . Oh yeah, that reminds me of the SNL skit where Julia Sweeney became her mother and she was powerless to stop the transformation.

     
  • At 8/25/2005 2:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    but you've said your mum's really nice...,oh...!

     
  • At 8/25/2005 6:04 AM, Blogger The Judge said…

    I've been "ma'am"ed.

    Beckie

     
  • At 8/25/2005 9:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Two comments.

    One, "ma'am" is a term of respect, not of age.

    Two, "getting" old??

     
  • At 8/28/2005 1:21 PM, Blogger jonny said…

    arse

     

Post a Comment

<< Home