The Adventures of the Wixom Vixen

A woman of mystery. A woman with big boobies. A woman who likes cheese sticks.

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Don't bring my Mother into this, Buddy

I did some shopping at Meijer's tonight. My mother returned something last weekend and got one of those cards with store credit on it. She gave it to me since she said that she seldom shops there and I live right next to it. So I walk in and immediately I'm accosted by some guy at a small stand wearing a nice white button-down shirt selling newpaper subscriptions. I always feel bad walking by so I listen to his spiel and nod and then say, "No, thanks." He was very gracious and said thanks for listening and let me leave. I walk barely 3 feet and some other guy at another stand also wearing a white button-down shirt thrusts a piece of paper in my hand and then a clipboard in my other hand. He rambles about family pictures and specials and he's much more aggressive and pushy than the other guy. At this point I just want to do my shopping so I hand him back the stuff and say, "Oh, I don't have a family. So, no thanks." But he won't take no for an answer and he's like, "What about a Mommy? Everybody has a Mommy!" Then I was really irritated cause I hate when grown men and women say Mommy or Daddy. So I look at him and I reply, "Well, yeah. But nobody would want to take a picture of her." And I turned and walked away.

I felt a little guilty about implying that my mother is some sort of hideous hose-beast that nobody would want to photograph but then I saw that they had Fritos on special, buy one get one free. And I was like, "Oh, Fritos! Yummy!"

8 Comments:

  • At 8/07/2005 11:19 AM, Blogger The Judge said…

    That's hilarious. What an asshole.

    Beckie

     
  • At 8/07/2005 2:05 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    I hate it when grown men talk to women like us ( by that I mean our godess-like conformation) and then talk baby talk to us.

    It just make me want to punch guys like that in the stomach.

     
  • At 8/07/2005 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think God was just pointing you at the Fritos AND giving you something to blog about. God works AND moves in mysterious ways. So does U2, but in a completely different yet equally mysterious way. I wonder if God has a cool name like "Bono" or "the Edge" that we don't know about. Maybe God's nickname is "Hacksaw". I keep trying to pawn that one off but no one else wants it.

     
  • At 8/08/2005 8:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    You almost made me spit Mountain Dew out of my nose. (Although how could I tell -- they're both the same color.)

    That's why I usually do the walk-by and mumble thing, sometimes adding a distracted half-wave to acknowledge their existence. Usually works pretty well.

     
  • At 8/08/2005 9:24 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Ryan, love the U2 comment.

    It's true.

    Drobby- keep up with the mullet, wear weird clothes.

    That'll keep those annoying Meijer people at bay.

     
  • At 8/08/2005 12:29 PM, Blogger Jay Anderson said…

    Aww, I wish my Meijer had crazies! Wait, no I dont.

    Not everyone has "Mommies" either. He'd feel like a tool if he said that to a person who's mother passed away or who had to "daddies".

    An no, Jessica, I don't mean that kind of daddy. ;)

     
  • At 8/08/2005 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Do you think he had an AB fetish or was he what we would expect were we (i.e. not you) to ...

    hmmm.

    you really should learn to ridicule people more.

     
  • At 8/08/2005 6:38 PM, Blogger Jessica B. said…

    Darn it, Jay. You got me all excited with the mention of 2 Daddies.

    Perhaps I should amend the post since I do approve of the term Daddy, but only if it's some hot guy saying, Who's your Daddy?!" while smacking my ass. Or Jay.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home