The Adventures of the Wixom Vixen

A woman of mystery. A woman with big boobies. A woman who likes cheese sticks.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Life is Like a Can of Tuna

My mother (God love her) knows that I am a poor grad student living on a VERY limited budget and groceries are one of the last expenses I consider. So whenever she sees specials or sale items at the grocery store, she'll buy extra for me. Here's a typical conversation we might have after one of her grocery shopping trips:

Trish the Dish: Darling! They had a special going on at Krogers, 10 cans of tuna for $10! So I bought you 30 cans!
Wixom Vixen: Wow. Um...thanks, Mom. That's...a whole lotta tuna.
TD: I also have chicken for you. You see, I thought that I was having a dinner party and I bought all this chicken but it turns out I had only dreamed that I was having a dinner party but I had already bought all this chicken! Isn't that silly? So, here's 20 pounds of chicken.
WV: Er...right. Did you happen to have any dreams where you bought your only daughter a tennis bracelet?
TD: Don't be silly, Pumpkin! You know I don't have dreams that involve flying balls!
WV: Of course. That would be preposterous.
TD: I almost forgot! I got you some Diet Coke too. Let me get the fork lift.


So, does anyone have recipes that call for tuna?

6 Comments:

  • At 7/20/2005 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hear that if you mix 20 lbs of chicken, 30 cans of tuna and a bunch of diet coke together it's not very good.

     
  • At 7/20/2005 10:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Well, as Trish the Dish says, "A cold can of Diet Coke... is very refreshing."

    Hmm. Tuna? All I every make with that is Tuna Melts. Tuna Casserole? Tuna Surprise? Tuna Tacos? Tuna Burgers? Really, I'm running out of ideas.

     
  • At 7/20/2005 11:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I have a recipe for Mustard Tuna Potato casserole that is awesome. Did Trish the Dish buy you any potatoes?
    Maybe try a Tuna Fruit Roll-up. That'd be the ticket!

     
  • At 7/21/2005 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Did you strain your back lifting up to your apartment?

    you could roll it down mountains.

    and leave the chicken at the bottom to see if it'll catch it.

    That's called teamwork

     
  • At 7/21/2005 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Do you need to borrow our double oven to cook all that chicken up? I would just check the internet for tuna recipes. I'm not a fan of warm can tuna and John's not a fan of tuna at all, so we don't have recipes for it. I think there are recipes for coke chicken online but I don't think they suggest diet coke. Good luck! I promise no tuna is going to be served at my party - so until then eat up and remember no dolphins were harmed writing this message. Julie :)

     
  • At 7/21/2005 1:33 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Go to FoodTV.com, type in tuna, they have some good ideas.

    Kinda sounds like Trish the Dish is trying to put you on the Atkins Diet.. she isn't trying to kill you or something?

    Well try foodtv.com for creative idear's.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home