The Adventures of the Wixom Vixen

A woman of mystery. A woman with big boobies. A woman who likes cheese sticks.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Six and half a dozen of the other

I woke up this morning with a sore throat and feeling achy. This is very disconcerting to me. There's been some illness going around and I don't want it. I wasn't sure if I should exercise with a sore throat so instead I drank tea and wrote this post. I need to nip this thing in the bud so I'm at the top of my game for the cottage this weekend. I ain't got time to be sick!

Here's a funny teaching story involving proper grammar and children:

An elementary school teacher once asked her students to take a piece of paper and pencil and write something. A little boy raised his hand and said, "Teacher, I ain't got no pencil." The teacher, somewhat perturbed by his grammar, embarked on a barrage of corrective patterns: "I don't have a pencil. You don't have a pencil. We don't have pencils." Confused and bewildered, the child responded, "Ain't nobody got no pencils?"

4 Comments:

  • At 6/28/2005 8:34 AM, Blogger The Judge said…

    I ain't got no pencils.

    I just got over SARS - don't get sick!

    Beckie

     
  • At 6/29/2005 3:32 AM, Blogger jonny said…

    Hello Wixlet!

    That's a cross between a pretzel and a Wixen Factum.

    Does this mean you don't got none of my pencils then?

    Darn!

     
  • At 6/29/2005 5:21 AM, Blogger Jessica B. said…

    Beckie: trying my darnedest not to. having minimal success.

     
  • At 6/29/2005 1:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I'm mostly over my cold. Sleep seemed to help alot. That and Benadryl Severe Allergy and Sinus Headache.* It should really be illegal, because of awesomeness and generally knocks me out an hour after taking it.

    * The generic version doesn't work as well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home