The Adventures of the Wixom Vixen

A woman of mystery. A woman with big boobies. A woman who likes cheese sticks.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Stupid Humidity

One of the things I really hate about being a poor grad student is that I can't afford to turn on the AC. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have the option. But I could turn it on if I wanted and experience sweet relief from this misery. But I also remember all too well last summer when I turned on the air and the shock I received when my electricity bill arrived weeks later. Taking a shower is almost pointless. And I'm REALLY cranky cause I'm hot and sweaty. Poor Raffi has experienced my crankiness first-hand several times this morning. If I can just make it into work I think I'll be okay cause they have air. Pray for me. Or send over a fan.

7 Comments:

  • At 6/13/2005 12:34 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    I think that a box fan might use more electricity than AC.

    Put Raffi and his little friends to work.. make THEM fan you off.
    Just can't live there for free.. free loading furballs.

     
  • At 6/13/2005 4:08 PM, Blogger jonny said…

    Eeek!

    No fair on furballs.

    Could send you some do it yourself ice?

     
  • At 6/14/2005 7:03 AM, Blogger Cat said…

    I would take cool showers several times if needed when it was so hot and I had to be out in it. It always seemed I would get stuck playing tennis in the heat of the day like 1-4 p.m. in the middle of July and August. Well, actually, I always sign up for this sort of torture and try to play both singles and doubles in one tournament. That means I get to play 2-4 matches a day, sometimes back to back. If I had a bit of time in between, sitting in AC wasn't enough to cool me down much, so a quick cool shower would work much better.

    I guess we're used to the heat more here in Florida. I don't think I could stand the cold for too long myself.

     
  • At 6/14/2005 9:38 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    You can try running cold water over your wrists for a minute or so. Seems to help.

    Also, how much is the AC? Must be an old model if it's really expensive.

     
  • At 6/14/2005 5:06 PM, Blogger Jessica B. said…

    This morning when I went into work, the AC was broken.

     
  • At 6/15/2005 7:51 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Sorry about the AC misfortune, but that made me laugh and laugh. Hmmm . . . I'm tired.

     
  • At 6/16/2005 2:33 PM, Blogger jonny said…

    Can you work underwater?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home