The Adventures of the Wixom Vixen

A woman of mystery. A woman with big boobies. A woman who likes cheese sticks.

Monday, September 26, 2005

Sapping my Lifeblood

My mother has been dealing with a roach problem the last couple of weeks. The exterminator guy said that it's a common problem in that section of her neighborhood. She was delighted to hear about that. So she had to move all her furniture 1-2 feet away from the walls so they can spray or whatever and her house is like an obstacle course now. When I went over on Sunday I went into the Family Room to watch TV per usual. As most of you know, my mother has cable and I have to take advantage of it when I'm there. But I couldn't find the remote. All the furniture was moved forward and stuff that had been on the floor was piled on the couch and table and the remote was nowhere to be found since it wasn't in its usual spot. I started seriously freaking out. I was tossing everything around the room and shouting, "Where's the frickin' remote?! How am I supposed to watch televison without the remote?! Why does God hate me?!" I scared my mother's cat, Guinevere, with my yelling and stomping around and she went running out of the room and hid in the living room. The tears were starting to well up in my eyes and I was about ready to give up and go read the newspaper or something when I happened to glance at one of the cabinet shelves and saw the wonderful and glorious remote. Oh, Happy Day! Thank goodness I found that remote. I think I might have had a nervous breakdown otherwise.

1 Comments:

  • At 9/28/2005 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The remote bloggers association has your number.

    don't leave the back door open.

    or the tins of tuna.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home