The Adventures of the Wixom Vixen

A woman of mystery. A woman with big boobies. A woman who likes cheese sticks.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Attack of the Angry Sidewalk

Friday night I was supposed to go to the Berkley Front. But when I called Mike to tell him that I was heading out to Berkley he told me that they hadn't even been seated at whatever restaurant they were at. I told him to call me when they were heading back to his place. And then I decided to have a cocktail while I waited. Then I had another one. Just as I was starting the third one, Mike called. I informed him that I was unfortunately not in a condition to drive. A few minutes later the Young Catechist called me about going to the bar when he finished his shift at the restaurant. Since that didn't involve any driving on my part, I agreed. About 5 minutes later Sarah called. Her and Jackie were having people over and I told her that I had just agreed to go the bar with Young Catechist so I had to decline her offer.

At about 11:15 Young Catechist said he would be there to pick me up in about 15 minutes. Picking me up entailed him walking to my place. Good thing we're only a few blocks from the bars. We went to the Tap Room first. There was some band called The Gypsy Strings or something and Young Catechist was very excited cause he likes them. But they wanted to charge $5 cover. So we were looking at each other trying to decide if we should just go to O'Flaherty's and Young Catechist is like, "I don't have any cash". I just gave the cover-collector-dude my "poor brunette from the wrong side of the tracks" look. As always it worked and he let us in without paying cover. Boo-yah!

We stayed for about an hour and listened to the band and drank beer. The band was pretty good, their music reminded me of the roaring 20's. Ah, those were some wild times. Then we headed over to O'Flaherty's. Young Catechist likes that bar cause he knows all the bartenders. He called his roommate who later met us there and drank beer with us. We were still finishing our beers when the bar closed and Young Catechist and Roommate were like, "It's okay, just relax and finish your beer." One of the bartenders was really annoyed and so I was like, "Alex, we don't like to see you upset like this. What can I do to make you happy?" He opened his mouth like he was going to say something but then he just turned back to the register and started mumbling to himself. On the way home the sidewalk jumped out at me and I fell and scraped my knee. Young Catechist decided we should walk the rest of the way with me in the middle with my arms looped through theirs. They got me safely home and I went to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home