The Adventures of the Wixom Vixen

A woman of mystery. A woman with big boobies. A woman who likes cheese sticks.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Soldering is not Smoldering...except for me

You should read Get Fuzzy for today. It's funny.

Now I see why the English language is so hard to learn for foreigners. Actually, I've seen it previously but it goes better with the post if I make it seem like a discovery that I had today. I substituted for an Industrail Technology teacher today (I know, isn't that the funniest mental picture? The Wixom Vixen with a jigsaw or whatever they use to technologize industry) and the regular teacher wrote that they wouldn't be soldering when he's not there. So I told the class that tidbit but I pronounced it like smoldering without the m and that is the wrong pronunciation. It's pronounced like "sod-er-ring". Which makes sense cause I've actually heard of that word.

Here's another example: dough and rough

Darn tricky language. I'm sure glad that I already know it. I'm also glad that the students only laughed for a minute or two and not the entire class period.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home