The Adventures of the Wixom Vixen

A woman of mystery. A woman with big boobies. A woman who likes cheese sticks.

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Run Like the Wind

I feel like I've already had a full-fledged action-packed weekend and it's only Saturday night. Last night I went over to Sarah and Jackie's for Cinco de Mayo. Sarah had these mix packages but they required rum and she didn't have any rum. They also had these cool Tiki type glasses so I told her that I would go and buy some rum if I could drink out of the green Tiki glass for the night. She agreed to my terms. We also drank Margaritas and ate toquitos and mini-tacos. Beckie texted Jackie and I at some point and told us about a band playing at The Village Idiot and told us that we should go. I was all for it but Jackie was tired and didn't want to go anywhere except to her bed. Mike had Skippy so he couldn't go.

The Village Idiot is about 3 blocks from my house so I dropped off my car and walked there. It was about 12:20am at that point. My mother was freaking out cause the bar is on the Detroit side of Mack, which meant that I would have to cross Mack on foot. But I made it the 3 blocks without getting mugged or shampooed. When I walked in the bouncer was like, "Jessica, there you are. They're over there, on that side." I gave him a strange look cause I had never met this bouncer before and he just pointed and went, "Over there." When I found Beckie and told her about the strange bouncer who seemed to be expecting me, she informed me that Jennifer had told the bouncer to tell me where they were when I arrived. The band was pretty good and there were lots of cute boys all around. I kept finding myself with one beer in each hand which was perfectly fine with me. After the band played and the bar closed we heard about an afterparty going on somewhere. Jennifer and Jim went home but Beckie and I decided to go. I think it was more about me wanting to go and Beckie acquisescing (is that a word?). The afterparty was at some youngin's (I think he and his friends said they were 20 or 21) parents place in GP Woods. When we got there one of the guys didn't seem to be doing too well and he was leaning against/holding onto a grill and looked like he was waiting for the world to stop spinning. He eventually passed out on the couch and at one point Beckie made me check to see if he had a pulse. He did. It was a nice house but it did have an odd front closet/bathroom. It's like the person who built the house couldn't decide if they wanted a closet or bathroom and just combined the two. The host's mom is apparently into hats and so we were all wearing hats during the evening. I drank more beer and had many fascinating conversations which I could not recall when I woke up. Dave played the piano. Beckie was referred to as "The Pale Girl" at one point which I found amusing and she found irritating and unfounded. We left sometime after 5am and I got home around 5:30. I think.

I woke up sometime after noon and laid on the couch watching TV till 2pm when I moved back to my bed. At 3:30 I figured I should finally shower and get ready for the Derby Party. I don't want this post to be super-long and I'm tired so I'll write about the Derby Party tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home