The Adventures of the Wixom Vixen

A woman of mystery. A woman with big boobies. A woman who likes cheese sticks.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

A Heavy Heart

I just got one of those calls that you dread getting. One of my really good friends that I've known since we made First Communion together lost her father today. He's had MS since I've known her and was in a wheelchair when we were in high school. He was in really bad shape (pretty much on his deathbed) about a month ago and then when I saw her just a couple weeks ago she said that he was actually doing much better and even his doctors were surprised and pleased with his improvement. My friend had been preparing herself for his passing a month ago and then she got that false hope when he started to improve. I haven't gotten a chance to talk to her since her mom called to let me and my mother know. I can't imagine losing a parent at my age. And my friend has had everything thrown at her in life. She was diagnosed with cancer of the salivary glands in December and had an operation to remove the tumor. Now as she's finally getting back to 100% from that she has to bury a parent. This is when I start to question my faith because this girl is truly the most giving and caring individual I have met and she's had a challenging life. It makes me wonder about what God is doing, why does someone with such a pure and benevolent heart have so much pain to endure?

I know that a lot of TNOFers read this and a few of you know Kristen from high school and when I've moved or had parties. I don't know the details of the funeral yet but I'll post them when I know if you'd like to go and pay your respects. Her mom said it will most likely be this weekend.

3 Comments:

  • At 4/27/2006 8:33 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    I am very sorry to hear about Kristen. I do not knwoo her. But I am sorry to hear it.

    As for God, well who knows what the guy has planned for us. I think He enjoys see the shocked look on our faces. I think I am in a Simms game and he's player 1.

     
  • At 4/27/2006 11:31 PM, Blogger The Judge said…

    Tell Kristen I'm sorry. She's a nice girl. It's too bad.

    Beckie

     
  • At 4/28/2006 8:05 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Please send my condolences on to her. I didn't know her father was in such bad shape, but it's sad to hear nonetheless.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home