The Adventures of the Wixom Vixen

A woman of mystery. A woman with big boobies. A woman who likes cheese sticks.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Reading is Fundamental

I had an awesome subbing job today. Fraser has block scheduling so there are 4 90-minute classes each day and they switch between blue and gold days. So today was a gold day and the teacher I was covering team teaches her 2nd block and the other teachers were like, "You don't have to stay." So I went back to her classroom and chose one of the books to read (she's an English teacher). I chose "Witch of Blackbird Pond" and got to read with no distractions for an hour and a half. Then 4th block is seminar which is pretty much a study hall. So all I had to do was take attendance and sign agendas when students wanted to leave. I was about 3/4 of the way done with the book by the beginning of 6th block. And she just had them reading a short story and working on worksheets for that period. So I just had to pass the stuff out and make sure they didn't try to kill each other or jump out the window for the whole class. I actually got annoyed when I would have to walk around the class to keep order cause I was really into the book. I finished the book about 10 minutes before the end of class. Her 8th block was her prep period and I was finished! I got to leave and go home at 12:45 pm. If you get a chance I suggest reading "Witch of Blackbird Pond". It was really good.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home