The Adventures of the Wixom Vixen

A woman of mystery. A woman with big boobies. A woman who likes cheese sticks.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Traveling Companion

I'm listening to Jim Croce right now. Some of his songs make me think of my father and the road trips that we used to take. After my parents got divorced we (Joeboo, Miguel, and I) would take vacations and we always drove to the destination which meant long hours in the car. I always sat up front cause Miguel sat in back and slept or read so he didn't get carsick. I liked sitting up front and chatting with my dad. I felt like I was important. And then sometimes he would put in music and sing along and I'd try to learn the words so I could sing along too. Jim Croce was one of his favorites. He liked Paul Simon and James Taylor too. I think even then I was trying to impress him so that he would like me. Being in the car with my dad are some of my happiest memories.

1 Comments:

  • At 6/16/2006 7:16 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    "If I could put time in a bottle..." Nice. I like Jim Croce. I watched the Behind the Music on him. Those were the good old days of VH1.



    *sayfnceu*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home