The Adventures of the Wixom Vixen

A woman of mystery. A woman with big boobies. A woman who likes cheese sticks.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Bride Not to Be

I got a reminder from my Yahoo Calendar today reminding me that my wedding is tomorrow, March 17, 2007. Back in 2003 or 2004 I decided that I wanted my wedding to be on St Patty's Day cause I thought that would be an awesomely fun wedding day and anniversary to have. So I figured out when the next St Patty's Day would be falling on a Saturday and I put it on my calendar and I told my friends to save the date. And it seems the day is upon us. Except that I don't have a hall rented, or a wedding dress or a cake or even a groom. And the biggest thing missing is the desire to even get married. A few years ago it seemed like that's what you were supposed to feel and do when you reached 30. You were supposed to be either on the way to getting married or want to be on the way. But I don't want to get married. Maybe someday but right now its' the last thing that I want. It seems that my feelings of not wanting to get married are abnormal. One of my mom's good friends (who happens to be my friends mom) is always lamenting to my mother that me and this friend are going to be alone for the rest of our lives and grow to be spinsters and never get married. And when I hear this the thought doesn't really bother me. It actually sounds enticing. I wouldn't have to answer to anyone or share the bed or wash their stinky laundry or make room for their stuff. I'm not an easy person to live with and I don't like people messing with my way of doing stuff and organizing things. So living alone seems like a fabulous idea. And it's not like I'd be hermit. I would work at a school where I'd see students and colleagues and then I'd hang out with friends on evenings and weekends and then when they annoyed me I could go to my home and be alone. Well, I'd have my several cats of course but I like living with cats. Am I abnormal for getting excited about the prospect of being alone?

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home