The Adventures of the Wixom Vixen

A woman of mystery. A woman with big boobies. A woman who likes cheese sticks.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Let's Get Physical

I finally got my Bally's membership info in the mail on Thursday so yesterday I went to the gym to get my membership card and try the place out. I went after subbing in Royal Oak and I really just wanted to go home and take a nap but I forced myself to go to that gym. Since I'm a new member I get a free 1-hour session with a trainer. I set up my appointment for Monday. I'm somewhat nervous about this hour-long session with a trainer. First because it's a frickin' hour long. I'm usually lucky to push myself to do 30 minutes of any kind of activity so an hour is going to practically kill me. And second I'm wary of the actual trainer. When I made the appt with him I was not getting a typical physical trainer vibe. He has this really quiet voice and he's very soft-spoken. He also was hunching his shoulders and I always picture trainers jutting their chest out and strutting around like they own the place. After we made the appt, he goes, "Um, so okay. So...um...I'll see you on Monday at 3:15 and we'll...um...workout and stuff." It didn't really instill confidence in me but I basically just want to learn exercises that will help me with target areas and how to use the equipment which I'm sure he'll be able to do. Then I changed into my workout clothes and used a treadmill and stationary bike for 12 minutes each. Baby steps, you know. I was a little disconcerted by the looks of horror on the faces of the other gym members when I was walking around. I think I was like a walking warning sign to them. This is what happens if you stop going to the gym every week. They were all quite fit and thin and in great shape. So for me they were like walking inspirational posters. A win-win situation.

3 Comments:

  • At 2/12/2007 5:43 AM, Blogger The W-spot said…

    I think that is why I like PowerHouse, everyone is not all thin and fit...

     
  • At 2/13/2007 5:31 AM, Blogger The Judge said…

    Thin and fit people are a good motivator. It's almost too bad you don't have a hot trainer, too, because I think that would be all the motivation you need.

    Beckie

     
  • At 2/14/2007 7:16 AM, Blogger Jessica B. said…

    That's so true, a hot trainer would totally motivate me7uyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyuijjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

    It seems that Gwennie has something to say about a hot trainer.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home