The Adventures of the Wixom Vixen

A woman of mystery. A woman with big boobies. A woman who likes cheese sticks.

Friday, January 19, 2007

Decisions, Decisions

I'm trying to decide what to do tonight. Some friends are going to see the movie Pan's Labyrinth which is supposed to be fantastic and I'm sure I would enjoy seeing it and hanging out with friends. But it's a half-hour drive to the movie theatre and it's at 10:30pm. I think that I'm showing my age by being concerned with these things. But there's another kink to think about. My mother is going out tonight and she NEVER goes out. Seriously, this is the first time she's gone out in about 7 months. And she's not even really going out, she's going to her knitting club get-together. Since she never goes out I NEVER get the house to myself at night to watch horror movies on the big TV or sit and not listen to her incessant rambling or sniffling from crying at every frickin' thing on television. The woman cries if someone gets a paper cut on a show. Last night was HORRENDOUS when we were watching Grey's Anatomy. Not only was she weeping like she was going to bottle her tears and sell them but she had to tell me for the 117th time that she's appointed her friend to make medical decisions if she's in that kind of situation (George's father) so Miquel and I won't have to go through the emotional turmoil of having to decide our mother's fate. So then I end up yelling at her that she's told me this over a hundred times and that she must think I have memory loss or am stupid since she's told me so many frickin' (I might have used stronger language) times and she gets all hurt and cries even MORE. Gah! And she always has to know what I'm doing. I look for something on the dining room table and she has to know what I'm looking for. Why? It doesn't concern her. If I get out a snack she'll point out the obvious by saying, "Having a snack?" No, Mother, you're just imagining me sitting here eating goldfish. The woman is driving me to drink. A night all by myself lazing on the couch with no one around pestering me sounds FABULOUS.

You see? This might be my only opportunity for the next year to have the house to myself and no pestering mother and I don't know if I should let it go by. It's a conundrum.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home