The Adventures of the Wixom Vixen

A woman of mystery. A woman with big boobies. A woman who likes cheese sticks.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Holidays Suck

Christmas was terrible yesterday. Well, it was great when it was just my mother and I at home but then I had to go to the Family Gathering. Sarah was still in her pajamas. It was 3pm and everyone else was dressed. My brain couldn't process it. It was an anomaly. I think that's the right word. Anyways I was trying to convince her and others that she needed to be dressed so that things would conform but to no avail. It made me twitchy and bitchy having only Sarah in pajamas. I started drinking a lot of wine to dull the voices in my head that kept pointing out that Sarah wasn't dressed but the wine didn't seem to help. Joy told me to stop acting like a 3 year-old and start acting like a 30 year-old. So I told her to start acting like a normal stepmother instead of an evil stepmother. Then someone else said I was jealous cause I wanted to be in my pajamas but that wasn't it at all. I wanted everyone to be the same. Everyone needed to be the same. Why couldn't she just get dressed? I like how Sarah can act like a raging miscreant and her mother excuses her because of her ADHD but when my mental illness rears its ugly head it's just me being immature. I hated Christmas 2006 and this is why I hate holidays. When I got home I wrote "Get Dressed" on lots of post-it notes and stuck them all over the house. It was the worst Christmas I've ever had.

1 Comments:

  • At 12/27/2006 8:27 AM, Blogger The Judge said…

    You're talking about a woman who gave her child a cupcake and sang her a personal birthday song when she acted like a brat about blowing out someone else's birthday candles. Who sits by the window, eagerly looking outside and waiting for her child to come home from a playdate, like a puppy waiting for its owner.

    You will not find reason here.

    As for your stuff... She knows you have these problems. She just got fed up because you were calling her on letting her spoiled kid wear pajamas when she had guests. The fact that you express your frustration in a certain way because of your disorder didn't help, but the fact is that she probably just got defensive and went where it hurt.

    Beckie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home