The Adventures of the Wixom Vixen

A woman of mystery. A woman with big boobies. A woman who likes cheese sticks.

Friday, April 01, 2005

Funny Moon Language

I love how the British have their own unique ways of saying things. Like if somebody is really sick or having surgery, they're "in hospital". Not in THE hospital, just in hospital. So simple. And how somebody is "on holiday" when they go on vacation.

I remember when I worked as a chambermaid in Scotland (just for two days though, the Wixom Vixen quickly learned that she was not born for menial labor) and sometimes I would find a piece of paper with scribbling or some sort of similar item and I would ask my trainer what to do with it. She would then reply, "Oh, just throw it in the bucket." I would spend the next 15 minutes searching for this elusive bucket until I finally figured out that she meant I should throw it in the trash. I think this happened 4 times. I also got to "hoover" hotel rooms. With a vacuum, not my mouth.

I'm procrastinating again. Bad Jessica. (insert witty British comment)

5 Comments:

  • At 4/02/2005 12:14 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    OMG! I love the brittish! But Irish guys are still hot.

    hey where did you find that Emma Whitthouse thing?

     
  • At 4/02/2005 1:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I'm a fan of the phrase "taking the piss," and also "todger" referring to the johnson.

     
  • At 4/03/2005 8:27 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    thats why they're so intreguing.

    I would go further, but I would sound like a smuttly little trollup.
    -m

     
  • At 4/03/2005 5:40 PM, Blogger Jessica B. said…

    Michelle, the emma thing was from the "Which female literary character are you?" quiz. I tried to get the link on my post but it told me there was an error. I'm not so good with this technology stuff. If you go to Dan's blog, he has a link that will take you to the quiz.

     
  • At 4/12/2008 4:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This moon picture is very funny funny moom language.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home