The Adventures of the Wixom Vixen

A woman of mystery. A woman with big boobies. A woman who likes cheese sticks.

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Making the Grade

I'm working on my classroom management plan today and right now I'm making my grading scale. Who knew that making a grading scale could be so difficult? Should a score of 90 be an A- or B+? I've been struggling with this decision, which is only 1 decision out of about 26, for the last half hour. And how low should I go before giving an F? Anything below 60? Or is that too harsh? Anything below 55?

This is what I always do. I worry too much about the little things. I just need to make the scale and move on. Perhaps I'll share my final grading scale later. Cause I know you're all dying to know what constitutes an F with the Wixom Vixen.

6 Comments:

  • At 10/29/2005 10:10 AM, Blogger The Judge said…

    Flunk anyone who gets more than one wrong. On anything.

    Beckie

     
  • At 10/29/2005 11:31 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    It doesn't take too much work to just calculate the mean scores and standard deviation, and then use the standard deviations on either side of the mean as your grade divisions.

     
  • At 10/29/2005 11:45 AM, Blogger jonny said…

    kill 'em if they get anything wrong and refuse to let them get anything right; that's what you're thinking of, right?

    Don't give anything higher than a B minus on principle.

    It builds character.

     
  • At 10/29/2005 9:13 PM, Blogger Jay Anderson said…

    I have to agree with the hard-asses. They need to learn right now that they are only successful and lovable worth anything if they are perfect. One mistake and you get voted off the island.

    OH! Good idea! Make it so there's only 1 A and all the rest F's, then slowly eliminate the whole class in a reality TV-style showdown! Yes! That's it! If you need any help coming up with challenges, let me know.

     
  • At 10/31/2005 8:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    You need to use a Gaussian distribution model. Or just fail them all unless they bring you presents.

     
  • At 11/02/2005 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    F-- for all. You what I always say-- kids are dumb!

    ~Austin

     

Post a Comment

<< Home