The Adventures of the Wixom Vixen

A woman of mystery. A woman with big boobies. A woman who likes cheese sticks.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Wedding Bells

The Daughter's wedding was Friday. I did end up buying a new dress, it was a chocolate brown number and I actually got many compliments on it. The ceremony was a lovely traditional Catholic wedding. One of the interesting things about those weddings is that the kiss is in the middle of the ceremony. You know when the priest says, "You may now kiss the bride", in a traditional Catholic ceremony that happens before Communion so you still have half the ceremony left. It's nothing at all like in the movies where the bride and groom kiss and then everyone claps and cheers and they skip down the aisle and make a beeline for their limo so they can have sex for the first time. The Daughter and her Groom had quite a kiss though. It went on for a long time and everyone started looking around at each other like, "Do you think they're going to stop or come up for air anytime soon?" At the reception I had to go up with all the single chicks for the throwing of the bouquet. One of the Daughter's cousins and I were standing at the far edge of the circle of single ladies hoping to miss the bouquet but I was later informed that the Daughter was subtly checking out where we were standing and purposely threw it in our direction. I held my hands out more to dodge the thing than to catch it and I guess it hit my hands and went directly to the cousin. She let if fall to the floor and refused to pick it up. Eventually somebody picked it up and gave it to another cousin who's getting married in September. I got back to my seat and remarked to all those who had insisted I go up, "Whew. That was close."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home