The Adventures of the Wixom Vixen

A woman of mystery. A woman with big boobies. A woman who likes cheese sticks.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Working Girl

My adoring fans, you are now looking at the Long-Term Substitute French Teacher for Royal Oak High School! That's right! I have a job! Okay, it's not a full-year contract like I wanted but it's a job! The chick (some might refer to her as the full-time French Teacher) is going on maternity leave so I'll be there for 8-12 weeks. I'll be like the real teacher! Tomorrow I'm going to start sharpening the 360 pencils that I've been gradually buying for amazing discounts over the summer. If you see any other discounts on pencils let me know. Anyways, if I already have them sharpened then I don't have to worry about students interrupting class time to sharpen them. Ha! You see that? I'm already thinking about how to run my classroom like a well-oiled machine! Boo-yah! And I got a really cute pencil holder at the $1 secton in Target the other day! Woooooooo!!! School is fun! WEeeeeeee!!!

** Added after original posting**
So, a good part of being employed will be knowing what the day is. I completely forgot that today was Wednesday and I missed the new Project Runway! Quelle horreur!

7 Comments:

  • At 8/24/2006 5:35 AM, Blogger The Judge said…

    Oooh, I just did a little clap in my office.

    That's so great! Congratulations! Now you'll have to get up early. Better start getting used to it again. Is that a whole semester? Great experience, and you can keep looking while you do it, and maybe do subbing jobs for the rest of the school year.

    Jackie and Sarah missed PR too; they weren't home. It was so crazy. One of the best episodes yet. So dramatic.

    Beckie

     
  • At 8/24/2006 6:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey, Congrats on the job!

     
  • At 8/24/2006 7:49 AM, Blogger Jackie said…

    I stayed up and watched the re-run of PR at midnight. I was bummed, Jeffrey needs to go home. I can't believe him...what would he do if someone talked to his mother like that... Anyway, way to go Jessica!! Je suis heureux pour vous :)

     
  • At 8/24/2006 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations! Felicitations! C'est vachement bien!

    I know it's not exactly what you wanted but it's a tough market out there. I'm sure you'll get great experience and great resumes and get a full time position right away.

     
  • At 8/27/2006 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's Great! Do you want to house sit for us while we are going to be away - 2 weeks of getting to sleep in 20 minutes later.
    Julie

     
  • At 8/27/2006 12:38 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    YAY!! New Job! I do belive asnoppy dance is in order!

     
  • At 8/28/2006 7:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Whooo-hooo!

    Congrats!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home