The Adventures of the Wixom Vixen

A woman of mystery. A woman with big boobies. A woman who likes cheese sticks.

Monday, February 07, 2005

Eau de toilette: Acetone

I'm very nervous right now. I get home to my apartment and when I walk into the building I'm assaulted by this REALLY STRONG smell, like nail polish. I mean, it is crazyass strong. Like somebody when to each apartment and doused every square inch with this putrid smelling chemical. But, I'm hungry since I just got home from work and I turn on the oven to make some lunch and my apartment is suddenly filled with smoke and then the smoke alarm goes off. So I turn off the oven and open every frickin' window and wave a broom at the smoke detector to get it to go off. Now I still have the windows open and being that it's February my apartment is now freezing but I'm afraid to close them. And I'm really, really hungry. And I'm scared to leave cause I'm worried I'll come back and the apartment will be a pile of ashes. Which isn't that far-fetched since a building in my apartment complex din burn down back in December. Ohhh, so very hungry...so very annoyed with acetone-doused building.

6 Comments:

  • At 2/07/2005 3:44 PM, Blogger The Judge said…

    Jesus. You might have a chemical leak. You should call your apartment manager.

    Beckie

     
  • At 2/07/2005 6:20 PM, Blogger Jay Anderson said…

    Maybe love is in the air? I hear that can sometimes smell like acetone.

     
  • At 2/07/2005 9:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Anyone know what a meth lab smells like? Supposed to be really strong and chemically. Has it gone away?

     
  • At 2/08/2005 7:15 AM, Blogger Jay Anderson said…

    I was just coming on to write something about a drug lab!

    I think huffers use acetone sometimes. Meth labs, crack labs, etc. also do. Meth labs often have a tendency to catch on fire, which would be bad.

    Anyway, let's hope someone just spilled some nail polish remover or something. Having your apartment burn down because of a secret meth lab was SOOOOOOO 2002!

     
  • At 2/08/2005 10:54 AM, Blogger Jessica B. said…

    It went away after about 3 hours but I was still afraid to use the oven. I had to go and get fast food. I can totally see the guy who lives in the apartment across from running a meth lab. He's older, short, smokes a pipe and wears sweater vests. I'm surprised I didn't make the connection till now.

     
  • At 2/09/2005 10:46 AM, Blogger Jay Anderson said…

    Sweater vests and meth labs go together like a horse and feedbag! Beware!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home