The Adventures of the Wixom Vixen

A woman of mystery. A woman with big boobies. A woman who likes cheese sticks.

Monday, February 28, 2005

Catwoman Sans Leather

Do you ever feel like you're being left out of things but you don't know what you did to be left out? And then you start to think that this is just a natural progression of life, friends, and love? And you realize that those "crazy cat-ladies" weren't always recluses living with 17 cats but were once a twenty-something like you with just one cat and lots of friends. And then it became two cats and the friends drifted away. And then things just escalated and in the blink of an eye you became the "crazy cat-lady" that all the kids make jokes about. You go to family dinners and feel like you're not good enough, like your life is lacking. Sure, your brother drives a truck and sets up rental equipment for a living while you're in graduate school studying to become a teacher but at least he's married and has a child. You don't even have any prospects for marriage. And even though nothing will ever be good enough, you always try to make your Dad proud of you? And you hate the fact that it actually matters to you if he is proud of you. You wish that you could just say "To hell with him." but you know there's always that part of you that wants and craves his praise.

Do you ever worry that being really good at procrastinating is not a skill that employers are looking for? I figured I should end on a light note. I guess February really is the month of contemplation.

P.S. The comment about the truck driving relates to my family (my father especially) where it is looked down upon as not being an ideal profession, I'm not trying to put down any truck drivers.

4 Comments:

  • At 3/01/2005 6:59 AM, Blogger The Judge said…

    Thanks for the truck driver shout out.

    You will always want to please your father. It's biological. As much as you know he's unreasonable and will never be satisfied, you'll keep trying because you have to. Maybe your brother got sick of it and that's why he left for that period those years ago.

    As for everything else... I don't really know what to say. It's one of those times where you won't feel better until you're ready so spewing well-wishes seems lame. I hope you don't feel like I've abandoned you - just so busy.

    Email me.

    Beckie

     
  • At 3/02/2005 5:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Jessica, when's your Spring Break? I'll buy you a beer. You need a beer. And a hump. Your dad's a petty dictator. Besides, we're getting married in 2 years, so, no big whoop.

     
  • At 3/03/2005 1:08 PM, Blogger Jessica B. said…

    I think my spring break is the week of the 14th. I'm not sure. I should probably know these things. I wonder if Wayne State Law School spring break is the same as College of Education spring break?

     
  • At 3/03/2005 1:31 PM, Blogger The Judge said…

    I think my spring break is either the last week of March or the second to last week of March.

    Beckie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home