The Adventures of the Wixom Vixen

A woman of mystery. A woman with big boobies. A woman who likes cheese sticks.

Saturday, February 26, 2005

To Blasphemy or not to Blasphemy?

I'm listening to one of the mixed CD's that Beckie made me right now. That girl makes fabulous CD's.

I'm also planning part of the lesson for tomorrow's Religious Ed class. We had the last two weeks off and that was VERY nice but now it's back to teaching the young ones to love Jesus. We're having the high school teaching assistant do half the class but I don't know what he's doing for his half so I don't know what to plan for the rest of class. I think I'm going to have them go over the Ten Commandments cause they always mess those up. "No Johnny, it's not 'You shall be a bear when you witness your neighbor's wife.' Try again" I'm also trying to come up with a definition for blasphemy that they'll understand. This is how the book defines it, "Blasphemy is the act of showing contempt for God or sacred things through one's words or actions". Yeah, that'll clear it up for the 7th graders. This is what I was thinking, "Blaspemy is bad, mmm'kay? You shouldn't do blasphemy, mmm'kay?"

My Uncle Frank is going to be in town for Sunday Family Dinner tomorrow. He resides in Sarasota, FL and doesn't come up to Michigan very often. He's very wealthy and my godfather. So whenever he's in town I make sure that I get to see him so he won't forget his charming and vivacious goddaughter when he's writing out that will. Family Dinner is actually being held tomorrow at Cousin Frank's house, Cousin Frank is Uncle Frank's son. They live in Bloomfield Hills or one of those suburbs with the obscenely large and ornate houses. Cousin Frank is quite wealthy himself, he's a top executive for Chrysler or GM or something. But he's got his own family so there's no point in me kissing up to him. His wife's name is Capri which I've always found intriguing. Jeez, now I have to think of what their kids names are before tomorrow. Oh wait, Joy will know. She always knows these things. She's used to remembering names since her many nieces and nephews are always popping out more babies.

According to my Mother, we're all driving in the Minivan to dinner tomorrow. This is the Minivan doesn't get driven except for road trips. I'm constantly confused by the purpose of the Minivan. My stepmother bought it but she kept her old car and uses the old car most of the time. One time she used the Minivan to go grocery shopping and my Father got all huffy and reprimanded her for improper use of the Minivan. Very odd. But anyways, these are the people that would be going in the 7 passenger Minivan; Joy, Joeboo, Sarah, Ruth, Michael, Zoe, Jessica, and Trisha. Do you see how the math doesn't work? I'm going to suggest that we simply tie Sarah to the roof for the trip. Too bad minivans don't have trunks.

5 Comments:

  • At 2/26/2005 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's weird about the Minivan. My parents love minivans. They want to have two. I tried to tell them there is never a time they'll need two at once. Eventually I'll give up and they will have two minivans in the garage.

     
  • At 2/26/2005 12:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    We had a minivan once. It was cool.

     
  • At 2/28/2005 9:02 AM, Blogger The Judge said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 2/28/2005 9:03 AM, Blogger The Judge said…

    My sister got a minivan about three years ago when her youngest daughter was born. She was all embarrassed about it, but she tried to cover it up with indignant pride. "It's got leather seats and a moon roof. And it's black. And it's got a six-disc changer. I have kids, I need a minivan."

    Blasphemer!

    Beckie

     
  • At 3/01/2005 11:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    My parental units have 2 minivans. Why? Well, I know why, but it is odd.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home